Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Recent shots, poll alert and CLOUDS, GLORIOUS CLOUDS!

Julie and I made a quick run to the grocery store today before dinner and tonight's Eurocup feature (France v. Italy). On my way out the door, I was floored by what I saw in the sky: clouds unlike any I had ever seen. There were examples of every formation I could think of, converging and combining to create a visual feast in the sky above my head. I ran back inside and grabbed my camera, then headed out onto the balcony for some shots before we left.

When we finally dragged me off the balcony and into the car, I couldn't stop shooting. The sun was setting and beams of light were shooting through the gaps in between clouds to illuminate select areas of the hillsides. It was like someone was up there shining a spotlight around, directing me to my next photographic opportunity.

We made it to the store just around the time Julie was starting to get fed up with my incessant "LOOK AT THESE THINGS!! THEY ARE AMAZING! AREN'T THEY BEAUTIFUL?! JULIE LOOK AREN'T THEY INCREDIBLE!!" I had officially lost it. I was obsessed with the puffy white mountains in the sky, my neck permanently craned upwards, snapping away happily with an enormous smile on my face. By this time we were in the parking lot of the Penny Markt/Getrankmarkt and people were starting to stare, I was too far into the zone to care...



So yea, the clouds were amazing and I lost it. I took a bunch of handheld panoramas also, I'll post one if any of them do the clouds justice.

---

Also, I probably should have said something about this when I posted it, but there is a little poll on the sidebar just under the "Friends" section. Just a little survey to see how you folks like to receive imagery. Check it out and pick an option if you have the time, thanks.

---

And now, a few recent shots from a walk around the neighborhood yesterday...









More on flickr as always...

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Breathtaking. If only all human eyes could value such natural splendor — and capture it as you have. Beautiful works.