Thursday, June 19, 2008

As Promised : More Sunrise Pictures

I have never, in my current knowledge, witnessed anything as breathtakingly beautiful as this morning's sunrise.

I have seen a lot of sunrises, and sunsets for that matter, and this one was by far the most unique and stunning of the group. The pictures only begin to scratch the surface of what it was like to be standing there, under it all, watching the day begin in a blaze of orange and blue (and everything in between).





I've been waking up really early in the morning recently, usually around 5:30am. I always sit up and look out the window over the fields and forests that surround Schwarzenberg. Only the soaring Alps disturb the continuous flow of green that blankets the rolling landscape I see before me.

For the past week or so, the morning have been especially rainy...and foggy. That combo makes for less than expansive views during the hours when the sun begins to climb. So, today when I glanced out of the window and saw this...well you can probably imagine how I reacted--although I guess you don't have to seeing as how there are pictures.

Anyways, I have begun working on a short story about this little habit I have developed and I will be sure to post it here when I have something worth showing. For now, just photos and my lame attempts to convey to you how beautiful Germany is. 

Its late, Goodnight.

2 comments:

Tim said...

Wow. Amazing pictures. Do you have any higher-res versions so I can get some wallpaper status going?

Anonymous said...

i want you to take walks in the forest please. I am requesting as many wilderness shots as you can get so that I am able to blanket the walls of my 8x3 apartment space next year. Thank you eric