Sunday, June 29, 2008

Back in NYC

It's a little weird being home. It is a feeling that is entirely new, surprising, and yet I feel like I should have anticipated it before I even set foot on the plane in Frankfurt. There is just something about American cities that falls slightly short of the charm and aesthetic beauty found in their foreign counterparts. This could just be a phase I'm going through, but there is no denying that the structured grid of NYC really can't hold a candle to the spider web of Paris and the medinas of Morocco in terms of aesthetic intrigue.

Moving on from that little whine...I went to NYC yesterday for an interview at the Christian Oth Studio. I found the ad on craigslist and was shocked/surprised/delighted to get a response with this link at the bottom (http://www.christianothstudio.com). I'm not a huge fan of wedding photography usually--because most of the photos I see are the same old cheesy crap just with a different couple--but this studio was actually doing it right! The photos were beautiful photos in their own right, not just a photo of a happy couple, an INTERESTING photo of a happy couple. I hope I get a chance to work with them in the future.

So, the interview was over fairly quickly and I had already paid to get into the city so I figured I should make the most of it. I called up my friend, Mr. Adam Abada, and arranged a lunch meeting. On the way I took a few photos.






Also, its worth posting a couple shot from my window seat on the flight from Munich to Frankfurt. More amazing clouds!




As always, there are more posted on flickr HERE.

All in all, it is good to be back, to be with my family again and to see some of my friends. I miss Germany a lot but I am confident that I will return sooner than I expect and that when I do, I will hopefully have a much better grasp of the language.

Until next time...

No comments: