Saturday, March 15, 2008

Prague - Day 1

For my first day in Prague, I decided of course to go for a nice long walk--just to get a feel for the city.

First Impression: This city is old, REAL old, and very beautiful. There is a lot of history here--a lot of culture and character. There are also a TON OF TOURISTS. It was pretty annoying having to come to a complete stop for almost 30 seconds on the Charles Bridge because of the tourist congestion. Aside from the tourists, I like Prague quite a bit. There is a feeling in the streets here of something different, something detached every so slightly from western Europe. It really feels like you are on the fringes of the eastern block; I like this feeling.

Tomorrow there will be more exploring. For now, there is a new set started on flickr of shots I took walking around today.

As always, please feel free to comment if you see something you like! 
I love to hear back from any and all who are reading. 
Thanks!


No comments: