Monday, March 10, 2008

Last Day in Milan

Milan turned out to be a period of rest for me. I have gone out every day shooting but not in the same style as before--I have traded in my 10 mile walks for metro rides and strolls. I finally reached that point where my body just can't keep up with the pace I have set for it, I needed a few days of rest to get things back where they should be.

Good news is, my lack of energy has not necessarily translated into lack of images. I have managed to come away with at least one or two images a day that I am more than happy with--which is all I can really ever hope for.

Bad news is, we had internet here at the apartment for less than 24 hours before it mysteriously cut out again, that means no new pictures.

And so, that brings me up to today, my last day here in Milan, and also Italy. I hope to one day be able to return to Italy to see more of what it has to offer. I know it is a beautiful country and I really feel like it deserves more time than I gave it...one day. Today I will be climbing to the roof of the Duomo, as I have been told it is worth the price of admission and is a "MUST-DO" when you are here in Milan, so I'll check it out. Then I'll be walking down to the "canal district" to see what that is all about. I figure by that time it will be cold, wet, and dark enough for me to come home and make myself something to eat. And so ends my time in Milan.

8am train tomorrow. Looking forward to another 12 hours of trains and transfers as I make my way back to Strasbourg. Unlike my marathon trip to Barcelona, this time I have someone waiting for me :) I can't wait.

Coming Attractions: Prague on Friday

No comments: