Sunday, January 27, 2008

Pub, Plans and Scary Noises

So today I had my first "English Pub Experience." It wasn't all that cold today so we decided to grab a table outside and brave the mild temperatures while we sipped our drinks. The girls immediately started dancing and running around to keep warm while I bounced my legs to keep the chill away. 
I ordered a hot salted beef sandwich and a pint of the local brew, Hog's Back Ale, which Michael informed me is brewed using hops that are grown on Hampton Estate--where I am staying. The sandwich was good and the pint of Hog's Back was even better! Really good stuff. 

The rest of the day was pretty lazy, I spent most of it planning my trip to London on monday morning and my trip from London to Paris on friday--it's time consuming but someone's gotta do it.

I did manage to finally get out and shoot a bit tonight, or rather this morning, at 2am (roughly 40 minutes ago). I began to walk through the pitch black night towards the gate at the side of the yard when not 2 feet away from me a freaking pheasant screams in my ear and takes off. Needless to say, it SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF ME, I nearly fell over. 

After recovering from my pheasant attack, I managed to click off 3 shots before I started to hear EXTREMELY odd noises behind me in the field. The sounds were an odd blend of crow, goat, and something along the lines of werewolf. When you are standing there waiting for your 2 1/2 minute exposure to finish and then process, freaky noises like that can really throw you for a loop--it scared me back in side, that much is for sure.

So of the 3 exposures, I got 2 that I am happy to share; not too shabby!



The second one there was about a 2 1/2 minute BULB exposure. That means I had to hold down the shutter button while counting to 137 while also "painting" with my flashlight on the side of the brick building. I was shocked that my guesswork and painting actually produced something worth saving. It was the first and only exposure of this shot.

It's real late so i'll sign off for now. Goodnight and goodluck.

No comments: