Saturday, January 19, 2008

(Mentally)Prepared for Take Off

In approximately 12 hours I will be checking my bag with security at Newark International Airport, a bag which at this very moment lies unpacked on my bedroom floor.

As I type, a small fuzzy creature is stumbling around on my lap/arms searching for a warm spot to get comfortable and doze off...speaking of dozing off, I have come up with a solution to jet lag. It seems that the only real way to combat a 6 hour time shift is to exhaust yourself the day before to a point where your body has no choice but to shut down the second your butt hits the seat on the plane. 

Now of course, this is all theory, as the biggest time shift I have ever encountered was driving to Chicago in the summer of 2005. It's only an hour difference, sure, but what a difference an hour can make. It is the difference between getting to the fireworks stand in Pennsylvania before they close and blowing whatever money you have left on roman candles and bottle rockets and well, not getting to the fireworks stand in time. We didn't make it. I was furious.

So anyways, my plan is to get as little sleep as possible tonight in an effort to be dead tired by 6pm tomorrow, pass out on the plane, then wake up in time to start a whole new day in London!

New policy, no blog posts without pictures, so here is one of my brother from a shoot we did a couple days ago in the studio of Ms. Daria Amato. Thanks Daria!

No comments: