Sunday, January 27, 2008

Last day in Surrey

And so, the first leg of my journey is coming to a close. Tomorrow I will be headed into London bright and early to begin a 5 day exploration of one of the world's great cities. 
Being my last day, I decided to stay close to home, to make sure I wasn't overlooking anything that was, quite literally, in the backyard. As I set out for a stroll around the estate, the sun was already low in the sky--it was only 12:30pm! I shrugged my shoulders and started to shoot.






Found a couple donkeys hanging out in a field, they were curious but not what I would call friendly.



The one subject I keep returning to as I move around Surrey is undoubtedly the trees. I have never seen trees like the ones here, they are simply awe inspiring. I climbed up in a few and just sat for a bit, admiring the twisting limbs of these giants. 



After I returned from my walk, Michael, the girls and I set out in the car. Our destination was a "stately house" not far from Farnham that was open to the public...just not when we went. The house was closed when we got there but we decided to go and explore the neighboring park while we were there. It was an enormous area of land which had around 1000 deer living wild on the hills. We spotted them as we moved along the path, hundreds of them grazing as a large herd.

I am still going through the 50 or so shots I took these were two that jumped out at my on the LCD and later in Lightroom.




As I gather my things together tonight and prepare to move back into a big city environment, I can only hope to keep up the pace I have set for myself here in Surrey. I have been shooting and posting everyday and have dozens of shots that I am very happy with. It has been a productive week.
Since free wireless is tricky to find these days, but I will be doing my best to post as often as possible, probably every couple days.

Well, I'm fresh out of things to blab about so I'll sign off. Thanks as always for reading and please comment if you see something you like/hate or have any questions. I love hearing what you guys think.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The color and landscape of the collage of the 3 tree photos is so beautiful. From out here in freezing, sub-zero, grey Chicago it looks like paradise.

Your photography is great.

Anonymous said...

Amazing trees! I cant wait to make papier mache versions of these beautiful specimens!