Wednesday, November 19, 2008

B&H and Adorama

In the past 12 hours, I have been contacted by representatives from both B&H and Adorama in response to the comments and links that I posted here yesterday.

I just wanted to commend B&H and Adorama for their commitment to customer service and for their impressive attention to details on the blogosphere. I was SHOCKED to hear from B&H yesterday and even more shocked to see a comment posted from an Adorama representative just a few minutes ago.
So, well done, both B&H and Adorama are running upstanding companies and I look forward to enjoying their high standards of service in the future.

1 comment:

Helen Oster said...

Eric

I really enjoy the opportunity to connect with Adorama customers, and responding to blogs is a great way to be able to do this - and to let our customers know where we are - and how to contact us if they have any kind of a problem.

Sincerely

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

helen.oster@adoramacamera.com