Thursday, February 21, 2008

Athens

When I have an extra 15 minutes I promise I will finish writing out the rest of the insanity that was the trip to Andros but, for now, I would just like to say a word or two about Athens.

Right off the bat, I have to say, not as enchanted with Athens as I thought I might be. Now, don't get me wrong, I have seen very little of the city and what I have seen has been good and great and all, I just haven't gotten that feeling like I did in Paris. Now, I don't want to stack every place I go on this trip up against Paris, that wouldn't be fair, but I do think that there is something to be said for the "vibe" of a city.

Anywho, the ruins are real dope and all, pretty much what I had expected. It is crazy to think that these columns and structures have been standing in the same spot for thousands of years with so much changing around them. They remain the same, worn by time but still there.

Also, went to the planetarium tonight with Julie, saw 2 IMAX movies which were AWESOME. It is the largest planetarium in the world and gets over 600,000 visitors a year--not too shabby.

And now, a small batch of photos I have taken from my walks with Julie around Athens.

ATHENS V.1

No comments: